Optimate O6 SAE-AUTO Power Outlet Socket
- Industry standard 2-pin SAE connector
- Cable max. rating: 10 Amp
- -40°C/-40°F very low temperature use; cable remains flexible at ‘below freezing’ temperatures.
Includes in-line rubber seal for OptiMATE heavy duty SAE connector.
Premium cable designed by TecMate. 3-year limited warranty.
2 years fair wear and tear.
The new OptiMate 6 Ampmatic is the world’s most advanced and versatile battery charger, maintainer and tester.
All in one unit, in a stylish, robust, weatherproof enclosure, easily wall-mountable. As soon as connected, the AmpmaticTMmicroprocessor automatically diagnoses your battery’s condition and sets the optimal charge current and program.
An enhanced version of the acclaimed OptiMateTM unique multi-stage desulfation program will even automatically give many deep-discharged and otherwise “dead” batteries a new lease of life.
When the charge is complete, the eco power-saving mode ensures ultra low power consumption while maintaining your battery, optimally charged, always cool and safe, month after month, prolonging its life by up to 400%
OptiMate 6 also checks for voltage retention with an initial 30 minute check. If the battery passes this test, it is extended to 12 hours.
If the battery voltage drops below 12.4V, the battery is indicated as "suspect" and should be professionally tested.
Like all other OptiMates, if the battery is good, OptiMate 6 then continues the 30 minute test/charge cycle to
maintain your battery for optimum performance when you need it.
The most important attribute of the OptiMate 6 as with all OptiMates, is the safe, optimal maintenance of your battery during long term storage, achieved by its gentle maintenance cycle which automatically allows the battery to rest for 30 minutes of each hour of the maintenance cycle while it remains connected. Some chargers maintain at 14.4V. This is too high and could cause long term gassing, potentially damaging your battery and causing electrolyte loss in liquid lead acid batteries.
OptiMate charges to 14.3V (limited to max 48 hrs) in the main charging stage, then maintains at 13.6V in half hourly intervals, while checking for voltage retention in between charge periods.
The automatic multi stage program engages as soon as the OptiMate is connected to a 12V battery that has at least 2V :-
- Initialization: OptiMate 6 will only activate if the battery voltage measures at least 1.8V
- Programming: the ampmatic processor checks the battery’s condition to determine the appropriate charge program.
- Desulfation and recovery: if necessary, 2 or 3 stages of high voltage and oscillatory pulsing are applied to recover neglected, flat batteries (removed from the vehicle * ) from sulfation to a chargeable state. The voltage is limited to 16V if the micro processor detects the battery may be connected to vehicle circuitry.
- Bulk charge: the ampmatic processor actively adjusts charge current to match battery characteristics, achieving a complete charge in the shortest time.
- Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge acceptance is continuously monitored to detect internal damage and prevent unnecessary charging of a battery that cannot be recovered.
- Absorption and equalization: for 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 13.7 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalization and improving the battery's overall power delivery.
- Charge verification: the voltage is limited at 13.6V while the ampmatic processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge, the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes.
- Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health. A green (voltage > 12.7V) result extends the test up to 12 hours, to check for excessive self discharge (even a partly damaged battery may initially retain sufficient power, but lose power faster than normal there-after) or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Charge maintenance: The MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30 minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with a 30 minute ‘rest’ (no charge current) periods. The voltage retention test & maintenance charge cycle will repeat 24 hours after the start of the very first test and continue to repeat for as long as the charger remains connected. The alternating charge & 'rest' maintenance program provides the recommend maintenance voltage for AGM / GEL batteries whilst reducing the average voltage as required by STD filler cap batteries, making it ideal for indefinite & 100% safe long term maintenance charging of any type of 12V lead-acid battery.
*The OptiMate’s high voltage desulfation mode cannot engage unless the battery is first disconnected from the vehicle’s electrical system. However, even if the battery is not disconnected, the OptiMate cannot damage sensitive vehicle electronics as the higher voltage mode can only engage if minimal or zero current is flowing into the battery.
- Meets all relevant Australian Standards -Ctick approved
- Comprehensive selection of SAE connection accessories including an output extension set.
- 3 year limited warranty.
- Wall mounts are moulded into the case for easy & convenient wall placement and the unit comes with battery clips that have a cable reach of over 8ft.
- Suitable for Motorcycle Batteries, Jet Ski Batteries, Agricultural vehicle batteries, Car batteries, Boat batteries, All lead acid batteries up to 240Ah (AGM,GEL,SLA,VRLA,Deep Cycle,Odyssey, etc)
|Bike Specific Notes|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Motorcycle Adventure Products users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.