Shipping & Returns Policy
We ship Australia wide, New Zealand and the REST OF THE WORLD. Shipments are sent via Australia Post.
You are responsible for any local import taxes or duties payable for arrival into your country.
Customer orders are packaged securely in either heavy duty cartons, satchels or Tough bags and are bubble wrapped to ensure safe arrival. Orders are dispatched using standard Eparcel post. We cannot be held liable if Australia Post fails to deliver or your purchase is damaged during transit. Delivery is entirely at the customers' sole risk, you can, however, request that we send the item with insurance at an additional cost. Such requirements must be made by telephone as the additional charges applicable are not included in our websites delivery calculation.
Same Day Dispatch
Orders placed before 2pm AEST will be dispatched the same day. Whilst we will do our best if for any unforeseen circumstance this does not occur you will be notified.
Ownership of goods transfers to the purchaser when full payment is received by Motorcycle Adventure Products.
(1) What items can be returned or exchanged?
- Returns and exchanges for NEW MERCHANDISE, less shipping and handling fees, are accepted for new items in unused condition that are returned in new, saleable condition with all parts and packaging. If such items are found to be defective upon arrival to you, such items may be exchanged for an equivalent new item only. Merchandise that is used, crashed, damaged, scratched, chipped, or missing parts, packaging, and/or installation instructions will NOT be accepted by Motorcycle Adventure Products, for a return under any circumstances and will be returned to the customer at the customers' expense.
- Returns for FAULTY ITEMS. All of our products are manufactured to the highest standards using only quality materials and workmanship. If something has not performed as it should have under normal conditions and is within the manufacturer's warranty period please contact our customer service team for an RA. We will request a description of the fault and supporting photos before the item can be sent back. Once the item is received into our warehouse it will be assessed and IF a manufacturing fault is present a Repair, Replacement or Refund will be issued. Please note that warranty does not cover or apply to damages arising from improper use, incorrect fitment, overloading, neglect, accidents, drops or normal wear and tear. Any items returned with any damage present caused by the above will be returned to you.
- Note/ Accidents, drops etc when you're riding a bike are never planned but always have a habit of occurring when you've got shiny new gear! If this is the case please be honest when contacting us and we will see what we can do to help out.
In all cases, a return must NOT be made without gaining a RA (Return Authorisation) from us.
(2) In what time period are returns and exchanges accepted?
Returns and exchanges on new items must be received by Motorcycle Adventure Products, within 30 days of the completion of the transaction. Absolutely no returns or exchanges are accepted for any reason after 30 days on new items.
(3) Is shipping and handling refundable?
No, shipping and handling fees are not refundable unless the item sent is proven defective when received or wrongly provided by us.
(4) Is there a restocking fee for returns or exchanges?
A minimum 15% restocking fee applies to all returns and exchanges of merchandise in new, unused, factory-sealed condition.
Returned items that are damaged (scratched, scraped, dented, scuffed, chipped, etc.) or that are missing any packaging, parts, pieces, accessories, or instructions are subject to a restocking fee up to 50%. The credit issued for any item received in such condition will be discounted or the return will be rejected at our discretion.
If the item being exchanged is deemed originally defective by Motorcycle Adventure Products, the restocking fee is waived if the original item is being replaced with an identical new item.
(5) What is the return policy for items that arrive defective, or missing parts?
We check all items prior to shipping to ensure the highest quality however if an item we ship arrives defective or faulty in any way, under Australian Consumer Law we offer customers the choice of repair, replacement or refund. Replacements will be sent free of charge via the same shipping method that was chosen for the original order. We will require the return of the damaged or defective item prior to a replacement or refund taking place. Please contact us for an RA.
Part numbers of the defective or damaged parts, as well as digital photos proving the condition of the part, or the installation are extremely helpful in expediting such replacements and in most cases required as these proofs are also a requirement of our suppliers.
(6) I received an item I did not order. How do I return this item?
If we ship you a part different from what you ordered, we will immediately ship the correct replacement item as a separate order without further shipping costs via the same shipping method that was chosen for the original order and provide a credit for return postage costs.
(7) I don’t understand the installation instructions or am unsure how to best fit my luggage?
If you are having trouble with installing a part or fitting your luggage to your bike, please call us for help! We are happy to provide installation & translation support where required for our customers.
(8) I can’t complete the installation. Can I return the Item?
Items can be returned only under the conditions discussed above. As with any aftermarket part, proper installation requires a certain degree of mechanical skill, ability, and the proper tools. We always recommend having a qualified, competent mechanic install parts that are beyond customer abilities.
When ordering, please keep in mind that many of our products are designed for worldwide distribution and range in their age of production. E.G. A 1979 frame kit may have been re-manufactured recently but the design, fitting kit & instructions come from the year of manufacture. As such, many of our older fitting instructions may only be a simple exploded parts diagram or photo with limited notation which may or may not be in English.
We do not warrant the accuracy of any supplementary installation information we offer and take no responsibility for damage or injury caused by improper installation of products presented on this website.
(9) How do I arrange for a return of an item to Motorcycle Adventure Products?
If we have approved the return of an item under the conditions discussed above, we will provide you with a Return Authorisation (RA) & delivery address prior to sending the return package. Returns received without prior notification (and authorisation) will be refused. Please package the item such that all products will be protected from damage during shipping ensuring you have enclosed a brief outline on the reason for the return and your name and address.
(10) Other notes on returns. The customer will be responsible for any additional shipping charges incurred by refusal of delivery, whether intentional or not. This includes shipments marked as refused caused by the recipient not picking up the item from the carrier's facility in a timely manner.
Please do not attempt to "force" a return by sending us a part that is not authorized for return as specified above or by specific confirmation from us. The shipment will be refused, or if left unattended by the delivery carrier, will be treated as an unsolicited mailing without refund.
Please do not attempt to "force" a refund for unauthorized reasons by reversing charges through your credit card company (commonly referred to as a "chargeback"). Chargebacks for goods delivered as ordered is theft. Any individuals attempting theft via chargeback shall be reported to a credit agency and the police as appropriate, and delivery confirmation information will be provided to your credit card provider.
Customers placing orders with Motorcycle Adventure Products, agree to the terms of the policies as set on this site.