Or 4 interest-free payments of $19.75 with Learn more.
OptiMate 2 offers safe, long term maintenance for your 'new' battery and keep it healthy and strong for many years.
However ... If your battery is older we recommend OptiMate 4 or Optimate 6 with recovery and conditioning programs to it flying!.
OptiMate 2 is an 800mA Automatic multi stage Charger/Maintainer & is delivered with ....
- SAE-71 weather proof lead and
- SAE-74 crocodile clips
2 years fair wear and tear.
Here is how OptiMate 2 works
1. Safety check: OptiMate 2 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
2. Bulk charge: a constant current of 0.8A efficiently brings the battery up to 14.3V.
3. Charge verification: immediately follows bulk charge mode during which the battery's ability to accept a charge and there-after it's charged status is verified. A battery in poor health unable to hold a charge is indicated by the yellow charge LED alternating with the the green maintain LED every 3 seconds. For a battery that appears healthy the voltage is limited at 13.6V for 30 minutes while the circuit monitors the actual voltage and the current absorbed by the battery, during which the green maintain LED remains on. If during the 30 minutes the automatic circuit senses the battery requires further charging, the program reverts to bulk charge in-frequently until a full charge is achieved.
4. Maintenance charge & rest cycle: consists of 30 minute float charge periods followed by and alternating with a 30 minute ‘rest’ periods, during which there is no charge current. This “50% duty cycle” prevents loss of electrolyte in sealed batteries and minimizes gradual loss of water from the electrolyte in batteries with filler caps, and thereby contributes significantly to optimizing the service life of irregularly or seasonally used batteries. During the 30 minute charge period the circuit offers current to the battery within a safe 13.6V voltage limit (“float charge”), allowing it to draw whatever small current is necessary to sustain it at (or close to) full charge and compensate for any small electrical loads imposed by connected circuitry, or the natural gradual self-discharge of the battery itself. During the 30 minute rest period the battery voltage is monitored. For a good battery the green maintain LED should remain on. The program will return to bulk charge if the battery voltage cannot remain above the test level during the rest period.
5. Interactive standby - A load that causes the battery voltage to suddenly reduce will return the program to Bulk charge mode. After the battery has been recharged the program returns to the Maintenance charge & rest cycle. OptiMate 2 can remain connected to the battery indefinitely, the battery will remain cool and safe. And optimally charged.
6. Optimate 2 uses SAE accessories are equipped with an innovative heavy duty connection system that provides a reliable weatherproof connection between OptiMate battery chargers to or between OptiMate accessories. The connection system is rated at 15 Amps, allowing safe use of high amperage accessories such as heated clothing / riding gear. Electrical connections between cable and connector pins are fully sealed and rubber sealing shrouds enhance the weatherproof rating of in-line connections.The connection system is compatible with standard SAE connectors that are gaining popularity world-wide as a battery charger inter-connector, and is widely used as a connector in heated riding gear.
|Bike Specific Notes|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Motorcycle Adventure Products users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.