Optimate 4DP Battery Charger
Or 4 interest-free payments of $29.99 with Learn more.
Optimate are ''the' well established line of automotive, motorcycle & power sport battery chargers & test gear from their parent company TechMate The Optmate battery saving charging method was first developed in 1995, with the purpose of saving AGM, GEL and STD lead-acid batteries that have stopped working simply due to neglect. Their range today extends to lithium batteries with Techmate offering a range of specialised consumer & professional units.
The Optimate 4 can be used at the entry level as all rounder for maintaining a new bike or battery over it's life cycle. Suitable got Scooters, ATV, Lawn Tractors, Jet Skis & large or small motorcycles. But is also specifically designed for motorcycles with CAN Bus electrical systems. Changeover between standard & CAN Bus modes takes only a few seconds.
NB: M.A.P recommends the 4DP as it is the most versatile unit, however If you have a new battery in your bike and just wish to maintian it, then Optimate2 may be a better choice. OR, if you want a unit that puts our more current (up t 5A) eg. also for workshop use, consider Optmate6.
Note that to connect via the EURO Power oulet socket on a BMW or others, you need to purchase the SAE-DIN O9 Lead Option (see recommended below)
Let this video explain it.
And here is how to do that mode change-over.
2 years fair wear and tear.
The most ADVANCED & TRUSTED battery charger in power sports – CAN-bus edition.
OptiMate 4 Dual Program CAN-bus edition includes two charging programs; program 1 is for direct charging of a battery, program 2 allows safe and unsupervised charging through a BMW motorcycle’s CAN-bus controlled 12V socket.
OptiMate 4 CAN-bus edition is delivered with program 2 pre-selected.
Special features in CAN-bus program:
- Automatic KEY-LESS activation and continued maintenance until charger is disconnected.
- Safe low voltage pulse desulphation.
- CHARGING AMPS : 1A (constant current)
- USE : Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -40°F / -40°C).
- SAVE : Low Volt Start of 0.5V + 2-step* desulphation recovery (*1-step low volt pulse save during CAN-bus mode).
- IDEAL FOR : STD, AGM & GEL 12V batteries from 3 – 50Ah.
- INPUT : Global (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed), fully sealed.
- STYLE : Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector. BIKE 180° plug adapter-extender & standard battery clip set included.
SAFE: No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed. Safe for long-term battery maintenance. Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected. 3-year limited replacement warranty.
|Bike Specific Notes|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Motorcycle Adventure Products users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.